Wednesday 6 June 2012

3 days in!

So I am 3 days in and I can honestly say its another world. Everyone should count them selves so lucky for the NHS. In the labour room where you wait until you are fully dilated there are now 12 women on 6 beds some head to toe some fighting for space. In the room waiting for surgery about 15 women wait to be called.

Today I saw things I probably will never see in my career. A C-section with the baby out in 50secs from first cut on a woman who had tuberculosis meningitis... a pregnant lady with severe aortic stenosis with the loudest murmur I have ever heard, a pregnant lady with hepatitis B chronic liver disease and portal hypertension and hepatosplenomegaly (massive liver and spleen), a severe preeclampsia with grade 4 retinopathy! So all in all really interesting!

The girls had an equally interesting day including a gangrenous foot and a haemoglobin of 1.1!!!! and we are all seeing our fair share of tuberculosis!

They are really lucky and are doing 8-1 ( tomorrow 1-5) where as I am meant to be doing 8-5 but oh well! We had a meal today in the craziest Delhi fast Indian food place in Connaught place which is a massive circle in a circle with loads of shops and restaurants. On the way back we only saw one rat compared to the 100 or so yesterday that attacked us however a scary dog came barking at us an in the process of getting away I managed to push Iesha closer which we all laughed about for about well 2 hours later we still are. Sarah (Sharahh as they say) got some attention and called got sexy legs which she appreciate.

Anyway need to go to sleep as I'm in at 8 and it's eleven!

No comments:

Post a Comment