Wednesday 13 June 2012

Another good day!!

Sorry if I bore you this is so I remember for my elective report as well as for you to read so you may not want to read as its a bit repetitive. I had a good day today and worked from 08.30-19.00 and don't have a break as I don't trust the cafe at the hospital!

I did another cannula in the morning, it was actually quite stressful as she started screaming as soon as she saw the cannula. I dropped a sterile part that you screw on and when I asked the doctor to get me a new one was horrified when she told me to pick it up and screw it on! This was followed by 3 deliveries and a c section in the middle. I saw another ruptured ectopic, and many other interesting cases. Out of the deliveries one was forceps and one was ventouse, both for fetal bradycardia The third was a normal. All three had episiotomy for suturing practice. I've gotten used to patients sharing beds and being exposed in front of everyone else. I've also noticed how often the catheterise the women which we don't really do and Of course the extensive use of savlon (dettol) all over the women.

The doctors also made me eat Indian sweets and have chai (tea) with them.

Two more days left and I need to get my forms signed and stamped for Uea to proof that I did the last two weeks! I'm actually starting to wish I could spend another couple of weeks with the team!

We has a nice dinner which came to £2.50 each!

It still upsets me suturing women who in my opinion aren't anaesthetised enough! But I guess I actually does longer doing it so hopefully it will be a good thing. The girls had a nice day shopping and booking facials though I think they needed a break a&e really is mental.

Btw it is Sooooo hot tonight and our a/c is pretty old!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment